When I saw this recipe I realized that it will need a lot of time but I couldn’t ignore it. I love baking so time is nothing with this process. Well, I’ve chosen a day and mood and I’ve started to bake. It’s worth it!
The cake came out very delicious and very beautiful.
Those who love meringue and crispy biscuits should try this recipe definitely
Ingredients for crispy biscuits:
200g-Unsalted Butter, 100g-Sugar Powder, A pinch of Salt, 2g-Vanilla, 100-100g -A Candied Fruit of Lemon and Orange. 3-Boiled Egg Yolk, 200g-Flour, 100g-Granulated Almond, 1tsp-Baking Powder.
Ingredients for cream
200ml 35% Whipping Cream, 10 Egg Yolks, 200g Sugar, 200g Unsalted Butter, 2g Vanilla.
Ingredients for content and decorating
60-70 pcs Meringue (you can buy baked meringues or you can use leftover egg whites from cream’s ingredients and bake it by yourself (see recipe below)), 300g Roasted Walnuts, 1 Tsp Instant Coffee, 1tbsp Sugar Powder.
Whisk, Saucepan, Strainer
- Slice the butter into cubes or grate and put the cubes in a large mixing bowl add your sugar powder to the butter and whisk it. The butter is creamed when it has almost doubled in mass and it has lightened to white color. Then add a pinch of salt, candied fruits. Grate the boiled egg yolks into the mix. Separately mix together the flour, granulated almonds, and baking powder. Then add this mix to the creamed butter and sugar and knead the dough evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready for bake divide the dough into two parts. Put the baking paper into the 26 cm baking pan and roll the dough by hands equally into the pan. Bake both parts for 15 minutes on 190-Celsius.
- Now it’s time for cream. Combine whipping cream, sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved, the cream will look very thin and frothy, but it will start to thicken after a few minutes. When it has thickened to a pudding-like consistency, stop whisking for a few times to see if the cream has come to a boil and remove from the heat until it starts boiling.
- Whisk for a couple seconds and then pour the cream into the strainer set over the bowl, Stir to push it through the strainer.
- Let the cream cool down, put on the surface plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whisk the grated butter with vanilla and add to the chilled cream with a medium whisk speed.
- Now, this is the most pleasant moment to assemble the cake: Place one layer on a cardboard or on the plate, using a spatula, evenly cover the top of the first layer with cream. Cover the whole surface with meringue and between the leftover spaces put the roasted walnuts and then spread on it a half of coffee solved in the water. Put the cream into the pastry bag and fill out the free places between meringue.
- Place the other cake layer, don’t press on it and repeat every step you made on the first layer. If you are afraid to damage the first layer then you can do this on another cardboard and then locate the second layer on the first layer’s top.
- Refrigerate the cake at least for an hour.
- I forgot to buy candied fruits so I added an orange and lemon zest. It has worked out.
- Whisk a cream with the wire whisk all the time. It helps to whisk equally and don’t lets the cream to convert into the small balls. To receive the pudding-like consistency need a lot of time, don’t be afraid, the first foam will form and then it disappears at all, starts thickening and getting yellow colored what means soon starts the boiling process.
- I recommend you don’t buy the meringues because you can use leftover egg whites from the cream ingredients and you can bake meringue by yourself. It is not hard, it’s easy, just need a lot of time before you can use them. Meringue recipe: In the large bowl, beat 10 egg whites until foamy and add gradually 500g sugar. Beating until mixture forms stiff peaks. Use the pastry bag with a tip you wish and pipe the meringue on the baking paper. You can draw for advance circles on the paper. Bake for an hour in the Preheated oven to 250 Fahrenheit degrees, until cream colored and firm. Leave the meringues in the turned-off oven for several hours without opening the oven door.
The cake was absolutely delicious, especially on the next day!
I honestly recommend you this recipe.